Monday, April 27, 2009

STRESS!

I am under some stress these days. Short story: new home, new baby, new business, business runs out of start up capital and now new home and baby but no business! ... This makes me think about those who CHOOSE to have stressful jobs. HOW do they remain sane! People who come to mind: President Obama, brain and heart surgeons, chiefs of firestations, inner-city police officers, Tim Geitner, and Charles Sullenberger....I'm sure I can think of a lot more. Right now, my brain is awash with current events. All I know is that the stress in my life right now, I NEED JESUS! Knowing that without Jesus I would not have salvation is the most stressful thing I can think of.

About 8 years ago my then supervisor, now super friend, asked me in the midst of the stress of a paper I was writing if the outcome would keep me out of heaven. "Umm...I hope not!" Certainly that one question put things in perspective for me....No matter the challenge and no matter the outcome we all have the ability to have all sin washed away and an opportunity to enjoy zero stress in our heavenly home.

I was emailing with my aunt about my current situation not too long ago. She is among the many people championing my husband and me: "If anyone can get through this, you can!" or "You all are strong, you'll get through it!" Yes, I know we will get through it. As with the people in so many of those Bible stories I learned in Sunday School, it is not the destination that I worry about, it is the journey that is painful. One story I think of Jesus' 40 days of temptation in the wilderness with Satin. That would certainly be huge stress!

My temptations right now include finding a job and ceasing to be a stay at home mom (something I have wanted to be since I wanted to be a mom); having my husband take a job he really doesn't want just so we can pay the bills; being prideful and not asking others for help. I'm realizing that through the struggle of stress, I am learning that life is not best journeyed alone, or even with just myself and my spouse, child and close friends, but with Jesus as my guide, leader, and support.

What a friend we have in Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! What a Friend we have in Jesus! I'm so glad you're sharing your thoughts. I'll be reading, following along, supporting, praying. I love you all!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete